What is THE SNUSE and Why Should I Care?
- What the heck is this?
- What’s going on here?
- Why all these words and yet you really haven’t said anything?
- Is this worth my time?
Well, taking the questions above in order…
- This is an email filled with great tech news and entertaining commentary. The official name of this newsletter is Software News U Can Use. To make it pithy, we shortened it to The SNUSE Letter, or The SNUSE. There is a joke in there somewhere. It works for you or it doesn’t. Either way, we’re going with it.
- Something you have not seen before (you will never be the same).
- What you have been reading thus far is “the setup”. It’s long-winded in-order to give a little background and set the scene for subsequent (and briefer) inbox abuses (ahem, O365 SNUSE Letters)
- That is for you to decide. Some weeks will be better than others.
A FEW ITEMS TO GET STRAIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING
- THIS IS NOT SPAM:: No, you didn’t subscribe and no, you didn’t state you are interested in this info. BUT, you are part of PS which means you are an automatic subscriber to The SNUSE.
- We filter the news so you don’t have to ::We, the editorial team at The SNUSE, monitor the Interweb and collect the most relevant pieces of information. The goal here is to give you just enough information to keep you awake. We don’t want to overwhelm you. We only want to provide a few snippets…Enough info to keep you current so you can easily do the same with our clients.
- We take liberties with proper English grammar :: It’s called creative license. We are neither English nor proper.
- This is a collaborative effort :: The Editorial Board writes The SNUSE Letter. This is not negotiable. However, we do accept suggested news items at the official email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly Editions, maybe :: We’ll attempt deliver The SNUSE weekly but, “work is work” and we won’t always get to the printer on time. If we’re late, we’re late. Deal with it and know that we are diligently preparing the next edition. It will hit your inbox when it’s ready, and not a moment sooner.
THE WAY IT WORKS IS THIS:
There is a general format to the SNUSE Letter:
- There a several sections.
- In each section are several news items.
- Each news item has a short summary.
- The idea is you can read the newsletter and pretty much know just what’s going on with software and technology. THis includes development, architecture, management, and usage.
- We primarily focus on Microsoft but we include non-Microsoft news.
That’s it…for now.